Please let us know when things go wrong. We always try and get things right first time. However, we appreciate that this doesn’t always happen.

If you are not satisfied with the service you have received, please let us know in the first instance by contacting the department concerned or by speaking to one of our customer services advisors and we will do our best to put things right. However, if you still remain dissatisfied, then please make a formal complaint.

Each formal complaint received will be recorded on a register which is used to report and monitor the council’s performance.

It is important that we learn from our mistakes and therefore the outcomes of some complaints will be used to improve our procedures, performance and service to the public.

More information is available in the feedback policy below.


How do I make a complaint?

A complaint will be accepted in the following formats:

                    Customer Services Manager
                    Boston Borough Council
                    Municipal Buildings
                    West Street
                    PE21 8QR

  • By telephone 01205 314200

If you wish to make a complaint and/or receive a response in a different way, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.

Our feedback policy below tells you how your complaint will be handled. If you are not happy with the way in which we have handled your complaint or the result, you can contact the Local Government Ombudsman.


Councillor Complaint

If you wish to make a complaint about a councillor, please click here.


Local Government Ombudsman

You can contact the Local Government Ombudsman at:

                    PO Box 4771
                    CV4 0EH
                    Tel: 0300 061 0614

You are advised to take up your problem with us first, before contacting the ombudsman.

Main Switchboard

01205 314200

Revenues & Benefits

01205 314202

Out of Hours

01205 362151

Your Views

Councillor Complaints