We need your views on our proposed Council Tax Support Scheme for 2020/21.

Currently the scheme protects those of pension age and those of working-age in receipt of a war pension. It is means tested but allows for vulnerability.

The current scheme also limits the maximum help working-age people can receive to 75 per cent, leaving 25 per cent of their council tax to pay.

We currently pay Council Tax Support to around 4,810 working age households every year.

No changes are proposed for 2020/21, but the council is still seeking residents’ views about whether the scheme provides support to the most vulnerable, or whether there are others who should be protected.

You can take part in the consultation at https://www.snapsurveys.com/wh/s.asp?k=156880936310

Closing date Friday 11th October 2019.