Environmental Protection & Services


Pest control

We like many other councils have ceased provision of a pest control service. We can however provide advice and information to the public on pest control matters.

Anyone requiring pest control services are advised to contact a pest control contractor, usually the yellow pages or a search on the internet will provide a list of local pest controllers.

We would recommend looking for pest controllers that are part of professional pest control organisations such as the British Pest Control Association (BPCA) or National Pest Technicians Association (NPTA)

Honey Bee Swarms

Boston Borough Council is often contacted for advice about swarms of honey bees that have appeared in peoples gardens. Swarms will normally move on and should not present a danger if left alone. There are however local beekeepers that can help that are members of the British Bee Keepers Association Website.

The British Bee Keepers Association gives advice on identifying honey bees and provides a link to contacting a local beekeeper who may be able to remove the swarm. Bee keepers may charge for their services however this is usually a small fee to cover their travel costs etc. You should discuss any costs directly with the beekeeper beforehand. Follow the link to the British Bee Keepers Association Website and enter your postcode to find a local beekeeper.

Caravan & Mobile

Contaminated Land

Light Pollution

Local Air Quality

Mobile Homes Act 2013

Noise Pollution

Odour & Dust Nuisance

Permitting Regulations

Public Health Funerals

Smoke Nuisance

Stray Dogs & Micro Chipping