Works to replace the worn out carriageway and rebuild footways on the A1138 in Boston, between John Adams Way and the docks, will start on Monday 12 October.
The total programme of works is expected to last for eight weeks (subject to suitable weather).
Below is the planned programme of works. Please note daytime works will be carried out from 8am and 5pm and night-time works will be carried out from 7pm to 6am, both Monday to Friday.
- Weeks 1 to 4: daytime working on St John’s Road between 8am and 5pm (footways closed)
- Week 5: Night-time footway works on South End Road (no effect on road users) and road reconstruction on St John’s Road (temporary traffic signals)
- Week 6: Night-time footway works on South End Road (temporary traffic signals)
- Weeks 7 & 8: Night-time working on on the A1138, between John Adams Way and the docks (full road closure with diversion in place)
- Diversion route via John Adams Way / Spilsby Road / A52 / Rochford Tower Lane / Church Green Road / Fishtoft Road / Skirbeck Road, and vice versa.
Cllr Richard Davies, executive member for highways, said: “The Boston docks are a key part of the local economy, dealing with cargo headed to destinations across the UK and home to 18,000 square metres of warehousing and a grain silo that can hold 50,000 tonnes of product.
“The main road in and out of the docks, the A1138, has started to deteriorate over time so we’re taking the opportunity to rebuild a 500m stretch of road between the docks and John Adams Way, including the footpaths along this section.
“We intend to do everything we can to minimise disruption, including carrying out a large part of the works under temporary traffic signals with just two weeks of night-time road closures.”
For up-to-date information about this and other roadworks, visit www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/roadworks.