Charitable Street Collection Licence


To collect money or sell articles for the benefit of charitable or other purposes in England or Wales, you require a street collection licence from your local council.

Eligibility criteria: No provision in the legislation

Regulation summary: A summary of the regulation relating to a charitable street collection licence

Application evaluation process: No provision in the legislation

Will tacit consent apply? Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from the local authority by the end of the target completion period

Apply online: Please use the links on the right hand side

Failed application redress: Please contact Boston Borough Council in the first instance.

Licence holder redress: Please contact Boston Borough Council in the first instance.

Consumer complaint: We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you – preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, Adviceguide will give you advice. From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre.

Trade Associations: None identified.


For any licensing enquiries please contact us using the details on the right. A member of the licensing team will normally be available at the Municipal Buildings on weekdays 9am – noon and 2pm – 5pm (4.30pm on Fridays). We may be available at other times by prior appointment.

Contact Us

01205 314235

Licensing Main