Starting a Food Business
Thinking of starting a food business? Then read on.
Proper planning is essential to the successful start up of any business. This is especially with some food businesses. The Food Standards Agency have issued guidance which can be found here
You are strongly advised to read this guidance. You will need to register your business at least 28 days prior to opening. The form for registering can be completed online here
If you intend to manufacture meat, fishery or dairy products and supply these foods to other food businesses you may need approval online. You can find out by clicking here
However before you do so you should speak to the food safety team on 01205 314248 or email email@example.com
Safer Food Better Business
If you are running a food business, you will need to have a written food safety management system. The Food Standards Agency has produced a series of packs designed to help you with this.
- Safer Food Better Business for Caterers
- Safer Food Better Business for Retailers
- Safer Food Better Business for Indian cooking
- Safer Food Better Business for Chinese cooking (in English)
- Safer Food Better Business for Chinese cooking (in Cantonese)
- Safer Food Better Business for Childminders (Childminders who look after a small number of children in their own home are no longer required to register with their local council)
- Safer Food Better Business for Residential care homes